Black Pasture sandstone
Jump to navigation Jump to search
A fine-grain, buff-color Sandstone quarried in Northumberland County, England. Black Pasture sandstone was used by the Romans to build the great wall between the North Sea and Solway Firth (Lent 1925). It is still used for buildings.
Resources and Citations
- Frank A. Lent, Trade names and Descriptions of Marbles, Limestones, Sandstones, Granites and Other Building Stones Quarried in the United States Canada and other Countries., Stone Publishing Co, New York, 1925