Brilliant Blue R-250
Jump to navigation Jump to search
A bright blue biological stain. Brilliant Blue R-250 is a Diazo dye that has been used for staining proteins in paint cross sections and gel Electrophoresis. It has also been used as a textile dye and wood stain.
Synonyms and Related Terms
Acid Blue 83; CI 42660; Brillantblau (Deut.); Brilliant Blue R250; Brilliant Blue R; Coomassie R-250;
- Contact may cause irritation.
- ThermoFiosher: SDS
Physical and Chemical Properties
- Soluble in water, ethanol Insoluble in vegetable oils.
- Maximum absorption wavelength = 585 nm.
|Molecular Weight||mol. wt. = 825.99|
Resources and Citations
- R.Wolbers, G.Landry, "The Use of Direct Reactive Fluorescent Dyes for the Characterization of Binding Media in Cross Sectional Examinations" in Preprints of the AIC Meeting in Vancouver, 1987.
- M.Johnson, E.Packard, "Methods Used for Identification of Binding Media in Italian paintings of the 15th and 16th Centuries" Studies in Conservation 16:145-164, 1971.
- Richard C. Wolbers, Nanette T. Sterman, Chris Stavroudis, Notes for Workshop on New Methods in the Cleaning of Paintings, J.Paul Getty Trust, Los Angeles, 1990
- Aldrich Chemical Catalog
- Sigma Dyes, Stains and Natural Pigments, Infrared Library, Nicolet, 1991-1995