Jump to navigation Jump to search


A slender, grooved lead strip used to join stained glass or latticework window panes. The cross section of a came strip has an H shape. The soft lead can be shaped and soldered to fit each piece of glass.

Synonyms and Related Terms

ribbon; kame

Resources and Citations

  • Ralph Mayer, A Dictionary of Art Terms and Techniques, Harper and Row Publishers, New York, 1969 (also 1945 printing)
  • Dictionary of Building Preservation, Ward Bucher, ed., John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York City, 1996
  • Random House, Webster's Encyclopedic Unabridged Dictionary of the English Language, Grammercy Book, New York, 1997
  • The American Heritage Dictionary or Encarta, via Microsoft Bookshelf 98, Microsoft Corp., 1998