Jump to navigation Jump to search
A very soft, washable Leather. Capeskin was originally made in the Cape of Good Hope from Goat skins. It was tanned and dressed by the method known as Napa Dipped. Currently, the tight-grain leather is also made from hairy sheep.
See also Cabretta leather.
Synonyms and Related Terms
Cape skin; piel de cabra (Esp.); kaaphuid (van lamsvel gemaakt zacht leer) (Ned); kaapse huid (Ned); zeemleer (Ned); napa dipped; Cape leather; skin leather
Resources and Citations
- G.S.Brady, Materials Handbook, McGraw-Hill Book Co., New York, 1971 Comment: p. 433
- Random House, Webster's Encyclopedic Unabridged Dictionary of the English Language, Grammercy Book, New York, 1997
- The American Heritage Dictionary or Encarta, via Microsoft Bookshelf 98, Microsoft Corp., 1998
- Edward Reich, Carlton J. Siegler, Consumer Goods: How to Know and Use Them, American Book Company, New York City, 1937
- American Leather Chemists Association Glossary at www.leatherchemists.org