Jump to navigation Jump to search
1) A mixture of Prussian blue and Cobalt blue to produce a cyan blue hue. This color was also called Leitch's blue and Antwerp blue.
2) A synthetic blue dye consisting of two heterocyclic groups connected by a chain of conjugated double bonds. See Cyanine dye.
Synonyms and Related Terms
1. Leitch's blue; Antwerp blue
2. cyanine dye; blu cianina (It.)
Resources and Citations
- Ralph Mayer, A Dictionary of Art Terms and Techniques, Harper and Row Publishers, New York, 1969 (also 1945 printing)