Double glazing

Jump to navigation Jump to search


Two panes of glass hermetically sealed with a dead air space between. Double glazing is used for insulated windows. When the seal is broken, moisture may condense between the two panes forming a haze. The fogging is remedied by drilling small weep holes at the bottom of the inner pane to provide better circulation. The insulation value is only slightly decreased.

Synonyms and Related Terms

double vitrage (Fr.); vidro-duplo (Port.); insulated window;

Brand names: Thermopane [Libby-Owens]; Twindow

Retrieved from ""