[Azco Nobel Chemicals, Inc., Chicago, IL] A registered trademark for a transparent, yellow liquid Emulsifier composed of n-coco alkyl-2-2'-iminobisethanol and 2-hydroxyethyl cocoamine. Ethomeen® C/12 is corrosive alkaline liquid. It is used in a formulation for a cleaning gel developed by Richard Wolbers.
Synonyms and Related Terms
Ethomeen C 12; n-cocoalkyl-2,2'-iminobisethanol; cocobis(2-hydroxylethyl)amine; bis(2-hydroxyethyl)coco alkylamine; 2-hydroxyethyl cocoamine
- Strongly alkaline.
- Skin contact will cause irritation and burns.
- Talas: MSDS
Physical and Chemical Properties
Soluble in most polar and nonpolar solvents.
|Melting Point||12.2 C|
|Boiling Point||268 C|
Resources and Citations
- Akzo Nobel: Website
- Richard C. Wolbers, Nanette T. Sterman, Chris Stavroudis, Notes for Workshop on New Methods in the Cleaning of Paintings, J.Paul Getty Trust, Los Angeles, 1990
- Marie Svoboda, Conservation Survey Index, unpublished, 1997
- Teri Hensick, contributed information, 1998
- Conservation Materials Ltd., Catalog