Jump to navigation Jump to search
[[file:Flugger Acrylspartel.jpg|thumb|400g tube of Flügger]
Flügger Flügger Group A/S is a bonding and filling acrylic spackle composed of butyl methacrylate and calcium carbonate.. It is widely used as a filler and for fine surface finishing.
Physical and Chemical Properties
- Solids weight: 77%
- Volume: 59%
- Density: 1.8 kilo/liter
- Layer thickness: Max. 2 mm
- Particle size: Max 0.01 mm
- Adhesion: 12 kp/cm2
Flügger is suitable for spot filling and for finishing filling of primed woodwork, plaster, concrete, anti-corrosion iron and metal as well as previously painted surfaces. After grinding and dusting, this product can be painted with aqueous or alkyd paint. Flügger can be tinted using ground pigments and may be thinned or cleaned using water.
- Drying time at 68°F (20°C) is approximately 1/2 (to the touch)
- Re-coating interval is approximately 1 hour
- Fully cured in several days
- Purportedly susceptible to mold
Resources and Citations
- Koob, S.P. "Restoration skill or deceit: manufactured replacement fragments on a Seljuk lustre-glazed ewer", in The Conservation of Glass and Ceramics; Research, Practice and Training Norman H. Tennent (ed), James and James Ltd., London, 1999, p.157.
- ↑ ConsDistList post, June 10, 2009 Kiffy Stainer-Hutchins 
- ↑ Talas website - https://www.talasonline.com
- ↑ Talas website - https://www.talasonline.com/Flugger