[[file:Flugger Acrylspartel.jpg|thumb|400g tube of Flügger]
Physical and Chemical Properties
- Solids weight: 77%
- Volume: 59%
- Density: 1.8 kilo/liter
- Layer thickness: Max. 2 mm
- Particle size: Max 0.01 mm
- Adhesion: 12 kp/cm2
Flügger is suitable for spot filling and for finishing filling of primed woodwork, plaster, concrete, anti-corrosion iron and metal as well as previously painted surfaces. After grinding and dusting, this product can be painted with aqueous or alkyd paint. Flügger can be tinted using ground pigments and may be thinned or cleaned using water.
- Drying time at 68°F (20°C) is approximately 1/2 (to the touch)
- Re-coating interval is approximately 1 hour
- Fully cured in several days
- Purportedly susceptible to mold
Resources and Citations
- Koob, S.P. "Restoration skill or deceit: manufactured replacement fragments on a Seljuk lustre-glazed ewer", in The Conservation of Glass and Ceramics; Research, Practice and Training Norman H. Tennent (ed), James and James Ltd., London, 1999, p.157.