Jump to navigation Jump to search


A British term for glassfibre reinforced plastic. In the U.S., it is more commonly called Fiberglass or FRP (Fiber reinforced plastic). GRP can be prepared as a cast piece in which the fiberglass is mixed with an Epoxy or polyester resin. It can also be prepared as a laminated sheet with alternating layers of fiberglass and polyester resin that is later heat-molded into a desired shape.

Synonyms and Related Terms

glassfibre reinforced plastic; fibreglass; fiberglass