A trademark for a two-part epoxy adhesive made with the diglycidyl ether of bisphenol A and triethylene diamine. Hxtal NYL-1 is a low viscosity, colorless, transparent resin that hardens to form a clear strong bond. It has been used for glass and china repair. Hxtal may discolor in direct sunlight.
Synonyms and Related Terms
- May discolor in direct sunlight.
- May yellow slowly with age.
- HisGlassworks: Hxtal NYL1 SDS
Physical and Chemical Properties
- Cures in about 1 week at 20C or 2 days at 35C
- Glass transition temp = 48-55 C
- Refractive Index = 1.51
Resources and Citations
- HisGlassworks: Hxtal NYL-1: Information sheet
- S.Williston, "Epoxy Hxtal NYL-1" AIC Newsletter, Feb. 1983, p.12.
- Jane Down, Adhesive projects at the Canadian Conservation Institute, Preprints of the SSCR's 2nd Resins Conference, Sept. 1995, Scottish Society for Conservation & Restoration, Edinburgh
- CoOL DISTLIST - 6 Mar 02 Stephen Koob - RI and newsletter citation
- Conservation termlist : www.hants.org.uk/museums