Colorless crystals used as a Reducing agent in the photographic processing. Hydroxylamine sulfate is also used for chemical synthesis, for rustproofing, and to dehair hides.
Synonyms and Related Terms
HS; hydroxylammonium sulfate; oxammonium sulfate
- Skin contact is irritating and corrosive.
- May cause methemoglobinemia.
- Inhalation and ingestion cause illness and possible death. Suspected teratogen.
- Fisher Scientific: MSDS
Physical and Chemical Properties
Soluble in water. Slightly soluble in ethanol.
|Melting Point||177 C (dec)|
|Molecular Weight||mol. wt. = 164.14|
Resources and Citations
- Richard S. Lewis, Hawley's Condensed Chemical Dictionary, Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York, 10th ed., 1993
- The Merck Index, Martha Windholz (ed.), Merck Research Labs, Rahway NJ, 10th edition, 1983 Comment: entry 4874
- Michael McCann, Artist Beware, Watson-Guptill Publications, New York City, 1979