Jump to navigation Jump to search
An orange-red fluorochrome an orange-red obtained from naphthylamine.
Synonyms and Related terms
Phloxin B; C30H20N3+; CID 4456175
- Maximum absorption wavelength = 540 nm
- Maximum emission wavelength = 570 nm
- The fluorescence of magdala red changes with pH. It is a non-fluorescent purple below pH=3.0 and above 4.0, it fluoresces.
- Refractive Index = 1.90
- Molecular weight = 422.5
Resources and Citations
- Richard C. Wolbers, Nanette T. Sterman, Chris Stavroudis, Notes for Workshop on New Methods in the Cleaning of Paintings, J.Paul Getty Trust, Los Angeles, 1990
- CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, Robert Weast (ed.), CRC Press, Boca Raton, Florida, v. 61, 1980 Comment: ref. index= 2.20; The fluorescence of magdala red changes with pH. It is a non-fluorescent purple below pH=3.0 and above 4.0, it fluoresces.