Jump to navigation Jump to search


A reflected light microscope used to observe the microstructure of metals and alloys. Many metallographs have an inverted stage in which the polished surface of the sample is placed face down on the states and the objective is underneath the specimen. Thus the sample has less size restrictions that with a normal upright microscope. Zeiss also uses the term, metallograph, to refer to research camera microscopes.

Synonyms and Related Terms

Metallmikroskop (Deut.); metallographisches Mikroskop (Deut.); microscope métallographique (Fr.);

Retrieved from ""