Jump to navigation Jump to search
[Clariant GmbH, Germany] The European trademark for a series of polyvinyl acetate emulsions. Mowilith® emulsions are used as paint binders, coatings, and adhesives. Some of the Mowilith® types are:
- DMC2 - vinyl acetate / dibutyl maleate copolymer
- DM5 - vinyl acetate / acrylic ester copolymer
- DMVI - mixed with DM5 for adhesive lining of textiles
- DM-10 - ethylene vinyl acetate
Synonyms and Related Terms
Resources and Citations
- Clariant: Website
- J. Down, M.MacDonald, J.Te'treault, S.Williams, Adhesive Testing at the Canadian Conservation Institute-An Evaluation of Selected Poly(Vinyl acetate) and Acrylic Adhesives", Studies in Conservation 41:19-44, 1996.
- J. Leene, Adhesives for Textile Conservation. Butterworths, London, 1972.
- Book and Paper Group, Paper Conservation Catalog, AIC, 1984, 1989
- Marie Svoboda, Conservation Survey Index, unpublished, 1997
- Gordon Hanlon, contributed information, 1998