Multiwax brand waxes
[Sonneborn Refined Products BV (previously Crompton Witco Refined Products)] A trademark for a refined, high molecular weight, Microcrystalline wax. Multiwax® W-445 is obtained from crude petroleum and is composed of alkylated naphthenes and isoparaffins with small amounts of normal paraffins.
- Multiwax® W-835 has a melting point range of 74-79C.
- Multiwax® 180-W has a melting point range of 82-88C.
- Multiwax® X-145: a sticky wax that remains sticky over time
Synonyms and Related Terms
Multiwax W-445; Mutiwax W-835; Multiwax 180-W
Physical and Chemical Properties
Hydrophobic, tasteless, odorless
Resources and Citations
- Sonneborn: [https://www.sonneborn.com/en-us/ High Purity Specialty Products}
- Richard S. Lewis, Hawley's Condensed Chemical Dictionary, Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York, 10th ed., 1993
- Marie Svoboda, Conservation Survey Index, unpublished, 1997
- Teri Hensick, contributed information, 1998