Orvus WA Paste
[Proctor & Gamble] A trademark for an anionic detergent that contains sodium lauryl sulfate. Orvus® WA paste is a firm, white paste with 35% solids and a pH of 7.8. It is a biodegradable, water-soluble and is used as an emulsifier and thickener. Orvus® WA Paste is used as a shampoo, as a detergent for fine textiles and for general removal of surface grime.
Synonyms and Related Terms
- P&G: SDS
Physical and Chemical Properties
- Soluble in water.
- Density = 1.04 g/ml
Resources and Citations
- Richard C. Wolbers, Nanette T. Sterman, Chris Stavroudis, Notes for Workshop on New Methods in the Cleaning of Paintings, J.Paul Getty Trust, Los Angeles, 1990
- Marie Svoboda, Conservation Survey Index, unpublished, 1997
- Gordon Hanlon, contributed information, 1998
- Meredith Montague, contributed information, 1998
- Teri Hensick, contributed information, 1998
- Conservation Materials Ltd., Catalog
- Conservation Support Systems, Catalog, 1997