A family of aromatic polyesters. Polyarylates are made by reacting aromatic dicarboxylic acids with diphenols. They are tough, durable, heat-resistant thermoplastic polymers. Polyarylates are used for aerospace applications and for electronics. Examples are:
- PEEK - polyetheretherketone
- PEK - polyetherketone
- PEKK - polyetherketoneketone
- PAEK - polyaromaticetherketone
Synonyms and Related Terms
Examples include: PEEK; polyetheretherketone; PEK; polyetherketone; PEKK; polyetherketoneketone; PAEK; polyaromaticetherketone
Physical and Chemical Properties
- Resistant to chemicals and most solvents.
- Attacked by chlorinated solvents.