1) An adjustable grill-like device used at the opening of an air duct. Registers are used to regulate the flow of heated or cooled air to an interior room.
2) The alignment of corresponding printing plates or superimposition of multiple colors in a printed image.
Synonyms and Related Terms
1: diffuser; registo (Port.);
Resources and Citations
- Dictionary of Building Preservation, Ward Bucher, ed., John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York City, 1996
- The American Heritage Dictionary or Encarta, via Microsoft Bookshelf 98, Microsoft Corp., 1998
- Random House, Webster's Encyclopedic Unabridged Dictionary of the English Language, Grammercy Book, New York, 1997