Quarries at Rockport, Massachusetts produce three variations of granite.
1) Gray - A medium-grain, light and dark gray used for buildings and monuments.
2) Sea-Green - A medium-grain, dark green with black spots used for buildings and monuments.
3) Seam-Face - a medium-grain, dark yellow with brown spots that is used for buildings and monuments.
Synonyms and Related Terms
Cape Anne granite
Resources and Citations
- Dictionary of Building Preservation, Ward Bucher, ed., John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York City, 1996
- Frank A. Lent, Trade names and Descriptions of Marbles, Limestones, Sandstones, Granites and Other Building Stones Quarried in the United States Canada and other Countries., Stone Publishing Co, New York, 1925