Tetramethyl rhodamine isothiocyanate
Jump to navigation Jump to search
A brown color Fluorescent dye used to detect proteins. Tetramethyl rhodamine isothiocyanate (TRITC) will react with free hydroxyl or amino groups and thus must be prepared in a water-free solvent.
Synonyms and Related Terms
TRITC; Texas red isothiocyanate (not the same as Texas Red®)
Physical and Chemical Properties
- Soluble in water, ethanol, acetone
- Maximum absorption wavelength = 550 nm
- Maximum emission wavelength = 570 nm.
|Molecular Weight||mol. wt. = 443.52|
- Moisture sensitive.
- Skin irritant.
- Fisher Scientific: MSDS
Resources and Citations
- Richard C. Wolbers, Nanette T. Sterman, Chris Stavroudis, Notes for Workshop on New Methods in the Cleaning of Paintings, J.Paul Getty Trust, Los Angeles, 1990 Comment: mean excitation wavelength of 540 nm (green) and mean emission wavelength=570 nm
- Website: www.mdyn.com/application_notes/technotes - gives max abs. = 554 and max emission = 573
- Website: pingu.salk.edu/fcm/fluo.html - gives excitation = 547 and emission = 572
- Aldrich Chemical Catalog Comment: p. 1402; abs max=539