Jump to navigation Jump to search
Yellow powder. Tungstic acid is used as a Mordant for dyeing textiles. It is also used as a Colorant in plastics.
Synonyms and Related Terms
wolframic acid; orthotungstic acid
- Toxic by ingestion and inhalation.
- Fisher Scientific: MSDS
Physical and Chemical Properties
Soluble in hydrofluoric acid and alkalis. Insoluble in water.
|Molecular Weight||mol. wt. = 249.88|
Resources and Citations
- G.S.Brady, Materials Handbook, McGraw-Hill Book Co., New York, 1971 Comment: p. 694
- Richard S. Lewis, Hawley's Condensed Chemical Dictionary, Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York, 10th ed., 1993
- The Merck Index, Martha Windholz (ed.), Merck Research Labs, Rahway NJ, 10th edition, 1983 Comment: entry 9948
- Susan E. Schur, Conservation Terminology: A review of Past & Current Nomenclature of Materials, Technology and Conservation, Spring (p.34-39); Summer (p.35-38); Fall (p.25-36), 1985