Jump to navigation Jump to search
[Toyobo Co., Japan] A brand name for a regenerated protein copolymerized with Acrylic resin. Chinon® contains about 70% acrylonitrile units and 30% protein units. It is lightweight with a silky texture and good colorfastness. Chinon® is used for clothing, bedding and household articles. It can be machine washed in cold water, but not heat dried.
See also Azlon fiber.
Physical and Chemical Properties
- Moisture regain = 4.5-5.5%;
- Tenacity = 3.5-4.5 g/denier
- Density = 1.22 g/ml
- Degraded by chlorine bleaches.
- Susceptible to heat damage and discoloration above 120 C.
Resources and Citations
- G.S.Brady, Materials Handbook, McGraw-Hill Book Co., New York, 1971 Comment: p. 64
- Rosalie Rosso King, Textile Identification, Conservation, and Preservation, Noyes Publications, Park Ridge, NJ, 1985
- Marjory L. Joseph, Introductory Textile Science, Holt, Rinehart and Winston, Fort Worth, TX, 1986
- Website: www.toyobo.co.jp/e/seihin/pn/chinon/process.htm