Jump to navigation Jump to search
A general name for a stick of Chalk, Charcoal, Grease, or Wax used for drawing.
See also Charcoal crayon, Conte crayon, Pastel, Wax crayon, Grease pencil, Colored pencil, and Lithograph crayon.
Websites of pastel, pencil, and marker manufacturers
Resources and Citations
- M.Holben Ellis, M.Brigitte Yeh,"Categories of Wax-based Drawing Media" WAAC Newsletter, Vol 19(3), 1997.
- G.S.Brady, Materials Handbook, McGraw-Hill Book Co., New York, 1971 Comment: p. 794
- Ralph Mayer, A Dictionary of Art Terms and Techniques, Harper and Row Publishers, New York, 1969 (also 1945 printing)
- A Glossary of Paper Conservation Terms, Margaret Ellis (ed.), Conservation Center of the Institute of Fine Arts, New York City, 1998
- The Dictionary of Art, Grove's Dictionaries Inc., New York, 1996 Comment: "Crayon"