Tiffany glass

Jump to navigation Jump to search
Tiffany window
MFA# 2008.1415


A common name used in the early 1900s for any stained, opalescent, or iridescent glass. Tiffany glass received its name after Louis Tiffany began using art glass, Favrile glass, in leaded lamp shades and vases.

Synonyms and Related Terms

vidro Tiffany (Port.); Favrile glass

Additional images

Resources and Citations

  • Dictionary of Building Preservation, Ward Bucher, ed., John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York City, 1996
  • The American Heritage Dictionary or Encarta, via Microsoft Bookshelf 98, Microsoft Corp., 1998
  • Random House, Webster's Encyclopedic Unabridged Dictionary of the English Language, Grammercy Book, New York, 1997